Phil Hobden is the Head Of Partnerships at Futrli. With over 40,000 users globally, Futrli is the market-leading forecasting & reporting platform for both accountants and SMBs. The winner of Xero Practice App of the Year for 2018, Futrli secured Series A funding in 2018 to continue to develop innovative solutions to support SMBs and empower financial decision-making.
Before Futrli, Phil worked in senior positions in the RBS Group, in both asset finance and direct SMB lending teams, and previous to that ran a successful media production business. Shownotes include:
- What separates the good accounting firms from the great ones is culture – that desire to embed the change required to be great
- The reasons why accounting firms should be changing the culture in their
- Why price is a massive factor in the compliance vz advisory debate for accountants
- For accountants, advisory is simply consulting and finding out what your clients need
- Good advisors have a coaching element to their advisory skills
- How can technical accountants develop the sales skills required to position and win advisory work?
- The one logical place that accounting firms should start when it comes to jumping into the advisory space
- An example of a winning strategy for introducing advisory to business owners
- How accountants can lay out the software adoption process to show clients the advisory journey
- Why reporting technology like Futrli is crucial (and much better than excel) to help accountants deliver advisory work
- Why it’s important to look at the accountant-client relationship before focusing on the sale when it comes to winning advisory work
- Why banks and bankers have lost their trusted advisor status and how accountants are now in prime position to take advantage
- The importance to accountants of advisory services to help with client retention
- The impact of the diminishing loyalty across the world due to us all becoming more value sensitive consumers
- Value is completely bespoke from one client to another, which is why accountants need to personalise
- In the best accounting firms, advisory is a firm wide strategic roll-out vz ‘loose cannons’ doing their own thing
- The three qualities that make a good accountant great.
Outside of work, Phil plays roller Derby and hosts his own film based podcast. Find out more at www.futrli.com or to contact Phil directly: