Markus Mantere is Deputy Managing Director of Arkimera Robotics, a deep technology company based in Sweden. At the very front line of accounting tech innovation, he is convinced there is a place for people with skills and knowledge in the future of accounting – and that emerging technologies with give these very people an edge.
His background is in sales. Before joining Arkimera Robotics, he was on a journey to digitise Swedish healthcare at pharmacy E-commerce start up success ApoEx. Going from five people in a small room to an annual turnover of £250m in just five years, he knows a bit about growth. He is a strong believer in a combination of two focus areas: (1) Building great relations with customers while (2) keeping your tech stack top notch. Shownotes:
- How robotics helps accounting software to perform more efficiently
- The definition of self learning technology when it comes to accounting software
- Why self learning is a better description than artificial intelligence
- How Tesla creates autonomous self driving vehicles using self learning plus human intelligence
- How accounting software learns greater accuracy by observing data sources and the human interaction with it
- Receipt apps and similar accounting softwares heavily use machine learning algorithms and automation to predict human behaviour
- Will self learning software replace or empower accountants?
- How technology has replaced sales people but has also increased demand for them in the accounting and software world
- How to increase demand for your skills and expertise in a technology driven world
- There is a cost to making accounting software so easy to use that anyone can work it
- There is no learning curve with self learning accounting software as it teaches itself
- How self learning accounting software leads to more end value for accounting and bookkeeping clients
- Accounting software companies need self learning experts whose skills are hard to replicate inhouse
- The accounting profession’s use of AI is comparable to other industries
- There’s a thick jungle of marketing buzzwords around robotics, IA and self learning in the accounting world.
When not working, Markus is a city kid turned hobby farmer, spending his out of office ours on the island of Öland. The move away from Sweden´s capital Stockholm offered new lessons in life; switching the suit and tie to farmers boots while taking care of chicken, geese and steers. The mission to become self-sustainable on vegetables succeeded within two years and combining cutting edge technology in the daytime while cleaning out the chicken coop in the evening proved to be a perfect balance in life.. You can call him directly on +46706871891 or below: