Dan Richards is Head of Sales and a member of the executive team at MyFirmsApp – the global leader in apps for accountants and bookkeepers.
He is passionate about helping firms maintain a key role in the always-on app environment which plays such an important part in our daily lives. He is particularly keen to raise awareness of the threats posed to accountants and bookkeepers by 3rd parties and even the Government. Without a firms’ own App, it really has no way to serve within, benefit from or control the environment where so many clients and prospects now spend their time each day.
With 90% mobile penetration, MyFirmsApp recognise that unless accounting firms have their own app, they will cede control over their clients. Accountants can now have an affordable and effective app that will help them remain the anchor in this mobile relationship. That means accountants can protect their client database, save time, generate referrals and create new client relationships.
Dan has been involved in helping professional service firms grow and make the most of new techniques, strategies and technology for over 17 years. He is considered to be a thought-leader, is a renowned speaker, and is the go-to-guy for firms and professional bodies when it comes to apps for accountancy firms.
He has hundreds of testimonials from large and small firms alike, has presented to thousands of firms through the MyFirmsApp and Insight webinars, and regularly speaks for the professional bodies and membership organisations. Listen in and hear gems such as:
- Sales is simply winning business, which for accountants means serving clients and attracting the right buyers
- The two big things that turn a good firm into a great one – culture and technology
- The influence accountants have with clients is enormous, and a great opportunity to make a difference
- Technology and apps increase adoption of great cloud-based services and software, which keeps the firm anchored in the centre of the relationship
- The plan for success at a huge ‘noisy’ accounting event like Accountex
- The biggest challenge firms face if they want to grow – making decisions quickly and developing agility
- Example of how large firms can make quick, smart decisions using RSM (Australia)
- What an old flip up Nokia phone can teach us about the evolution of sales and marketing
- The importance of being present in the everyday lives of your clients
- How innovation has made MyFirmsApp a world leading company in the accounting world
- Dan’s view on the worst advice being put out in the accounting profession
- The dangers of AI, big data and automation – cutting the human engagement out of technology
- Thoughts on the hiring policy for large accounting firms who want to grow
- What do you love most about what you do? Hear what two things Dan Richards loves
- Continuous learning and surrounding yourself with wise people are the secrets for success
- The influence of legends like Paul Dunn and David Oliver in the accounting profession worldwide
- How Christianity and historical figures can keep us humble as we learn and grow
- The two things that frustrate Dan Richards about his global sales and exec role with MyFirmsApp
- How MyFirmsApp is making a difference in the lives of accountants and their clients
- The questions accounting firms need to ask themselves in deciding whether they need a mobile app
- The best piece of advice for success according to Dan Richard (in less than 10 words!)
In his early days, Dan spent most of his time mountaineering and was fortunate enough to undertake expeditions in places such as The Himalayas, Alps, Alaska, Papua New Guinea, Norway and others. Now he enjoys the outdoors as much as possible with his family and friends as well as being active in the leadership of a local church.
To contact Dan: 07879 654 191 email him directly>>