Mark Edmondson has been at the cutting edge of accounting technology for over 10 years. As a specialist in the use of technology within compliance and advisory services, he is the brainchild behind the software company Inflo.
Mark created Inflo to help firms of all sizes improve team productivity and the quality of work as well as create a stronger value proposition to increase fee income from existing and new clients. Inflo is a next-generation accounting software that offers firms of all sizes access to innovative and emerging technology. It uses data to transform accountants into trusted business advisors.
His subject matter expertise gives him a unique perspective on the profession as his team works closely with accounting firms, professional bodies, and other key stakeholders around the world to take full advantage of emerging technology trends. Shownotes:
- The moment cloud computing became a real viable mainstream option for accountants
- The other current and future trends accountants need to consider besides cloud computing
- Why creative accounting is a new viable and ethical approach to business, and something all accountants should consider
- Technology gives accounting firms a capability to offer clients something they haven’t had before, allowing them to be more innovative and more advisory in nature
- The pitfalls for accounting firms of having a ‘point solution’ to technology and software, rather than strategic approach
- How accounting firms can best differentiate from their competition
- How he identified a gap in the accounting industry and co-founded Inflo to solve this
- How traditional compliance is dying in accounting firms and what accountants can do to evolve it
- Why selling can be awkward for accountants and how to sell without being a salesman
- Why he hates ‘disruptor’ as a title: ‘We’re trying to enable the profession to improve with better technology and better techniques.
- The downsides of waiting for things to improve when it comes to accountants embracing technology.
Mark has 2 little girls so he spends any free time with his family. He’s a big NFL fan, he supports the Atlanta Falcons. To check out Inflo, go to www.inflosoftware.com or to contact Mark:
Phone (44) 7780 447 277
Shownotes prepared by Serena Ryan, digital marketing guru to accounting firms globally, and specialist Facebook ads strategist. She is founder of Serena Dot Ryan and has more than 20 years experience in customer service and professional roles. If Serena is not working or on the tennis court, she’s enjoys spending time with her family.
LinkedIn | Saw you on the Accounting Influencers Podcast” target=”_blank”>email | Twitter | +61 437 016 395