Glen Foster has been working with accountants and small businesses for almost 15 years. As Xero UK employee number 6, he has seen a major shift in the adoption of cloud accounting and associated tools over the last 9 years and learnt a lot of lessons along the way.
With a passion for technology and the impact that can have on professional services and small businesses. Glen takes a particular interest in how new technology can help accounting firms streamline compliance, improve client’s cashflow and maximise Xero’s partner apps. Shownotes:
- How accountants can deliver world class experience and add real value to their clients
- Insight into the Instafile acquisition and how it will free up valuable time for accountants
- Three activities that the digital savvy firms do every day to enhance client relationships
- Explore the elephant in the room – Making Tax Digital (MTD)
- Why identifying key skills within the accountancy firm is key to enhancing client relationships
- How the Xero platform can help clients get paid faster and raise funding
- Tools and techniques to help accountants differentiate themselves from the competition
- Utilising Xero’s resources to identify and recruit great talent
- Why the fastest growing accountancy firms talk to their clients on average every 30 minutes
'#Accounting firms that typically grow faster talk to their clients more often. The fastest growing firms talk to their clients on average every half an hour' says @glen_foster #accountex #AccountingTop100 #accountinginsight
Click To Tweet
- Key facets within a practice where digital can add value
- How to take control of the digital transition to avoid hitting a brick wall
- Key steps accountancy practices can take towards becoming fully digital
- Why the UK accountancy market is ripe for disruption and how it’s being revolutionised
- Great technology is available to the masses, no longer the preserve of large businesses.
- What separates the good accounts from the great accountants
- Upcoming challenges for accountants in practice and why uncertainty breeds opportunity.
'Half of businesses in the UK are not cash flow positive.' says #accounting tech advocate and small business expert @glen_foster from @Xero) #accountancy #accountex #AccountingTop100 #accountinginsight
Click To Tweet
Outside of work, Glen is an avid Crystal Palace football supporter and fan of Northampton Saints rugby. He’s also a keen cyclist and over-competitive table tennis player in the Xero office. Find out more at XERO or to contact Glen directly: